top of page

These details only apply to civil weddings ceremonies


After your wedding I will mail the bottom portion of your marriage license into the courthouse for you.  Your marriage license is usually filed in approximately 5 - 7 days after your wedding.  Effective in approximately 2017 you will now receive one free certified copy of your marriage license receipt (short, bottom portion of your marriage license) from the courthouse although this could take up to a month after your wedding to receive.  It is your responsibility to check that your marriage license is filed following your wedding ceremony. You can check that your marriage license was received and filed by the court, by following this link


If you plan on changing your name, follow this link for excellent instructions.


If there are any additional services requested by you of myself or the witnesses I provide after your wedding, i.e., assistance with immigration paperwork, international marriage paperwork, etc. there will be an additional fee of at least $25 for my time.

bottom of page